Lead Data Architech
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Creating a sustainable data gathering and data processing architecture that supports unit cost model requirements.
- Initiating, designing, and building test processes to ensure a high level of data quality and optimal system performance.
- Mapping source system data to data warehouse models.
- Translating business needs into data analysis and reporting solutions.
- You will be supporting the implementation of a project consisting of a suite of three tools; planning, data visualization, and a centralized user interface for project approval and execution tasks.
- The tools provide operations teams with a centralized capital, expense, labor, and material toolset for planning, resource optimization, and project execution.
- The tools support an organizational transformation focused on delivering business value at the lowest project based cost maximizing capacity. This position supports the execution of the process change supporting this transformation interacting with the CDIO FPA, Business Unit (BU) Management, and CDIO management teams.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
Digging into lots of data fascinates you and you know its real value is in the insights it provides. You have a consulting approach to really understand research needs and design the right research solution. People trust and value your opinion. You’re able to translate data into narratives, and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. But you’re not just about the numbers—you have a business mentality that makes your recommendations sound and practical.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of Excel.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with the Microsoft Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence stack (SQL Server, SSIS) including advanced knowledge of: SQL Server programming (T-SQL, Functions, CLR) and OLAP technologies.
- Demonstrable experience using leading industry BI tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau, Power BI or similar).
- Proven excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven strong analytical, problem-solving and metadata skills.
- Ability to translate business questions and requirements into reports, views, and BI query objects.
- Anaplan, SAP, S4 Hana experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.