Senior Data Analyst - Clinical Program Monitoring and Data Visualization - Remote
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Analyst, Clinical Program Monitoring and Data Visualization contributes to the efforts of a Value Creation team charged with providing clinical program stakeholders access to relevant, timely, granular clinical program performance insights through dynamic Power BI tools and engaging, static reports. The team’s work allows stakeholders to make precise program refinements to help ensure each program deployed represents our best opportunity to improve the health of our members, enhance the quality of care received, and reduce avoidable spend.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Execute on the team’s strategy and operational plan to develop and maintain clinical program monitoring tools for a range of stakeholders
- Apply creative and analytic skills to ensure quality and innovation of the monitoring tools
- Partner with Value Creation Clinical Program Review team to support alignment on program metrics
- Collaborate with Clinical Analytics teams to minimize redundant effort and maximize synergies in program monitoring efforts
- Support relationship and alignment with internal HCE teams and with program vendors (especially Optum) to enable efficient data sharing and common approaches to analytic work and variable definitions
- Maintain continuous product quality assurance, analytic methods updates, process enhancements and product improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in epidemiology, statistics, economics, medical informatics, health services research, data science, engineering or other relevant quantitative field
- 3+ years working in a health care setting, preferably in a managed healthcare company
- 2+ years of SAS or SQL programming experience
- 2+ years of experience building solutions, performing analysis and interpreting data
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare analytics with deep understanding of claims, member, and provider data
- Expertise building and creating engaging and effective dashboards and data visualizations
- Solid understanding of clinical management activities of a large managed healthcare organization
- Familiarity with clinical terminology including Procedure, Revenue, and Diagnosis codes
- Experience conducting data analysis or data visualization leveraging large claims, labs and clinical data assets
- Experience mining large data sets
- Experience with UI/UX design, especially for executive and clinical leadership user communities
- Experience with common visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau
- Advanced experience with MS Excel (creating charts, macros, Power Pivot)
- Experience with clinical program evaluation
- Experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform
- Solid understanding of relational database fundamentals
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholder and translate needs into tools and products that meets those needs
- Ability to support process standardizations without compromising creativity
- Ability to navigate complex conversations with partners and customers
- Familiar with social determinants of health
- Statistical analysis skills
- Solid presentation skills to clinical and executive leaders
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.