Senior Director-Data Analytics
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum we believe Business Intelligence (BI) is the pinnacle of our advanced data and analytics efforts geared towards improving the healthcare system. The BI Team serves is an integrated enterprise capability that translates complex data and analysis into consumable information, helping our organization gain situational awareness and make better, more informed decisions, faster than otherwise possible.
With a modern take on BI, we are a multi-disciplinary team made up of business analysts, data engineers, data visualizers, data scientists and web developers. Together, we collaborate with our business partners to identify best in class solutions to complex business questions.
This role is based in Dublin and is part of our enterprise Payment Integrity organization, serving thousands of internal users around the globe.
About the role:
As the Senior Director of Business Intelligence for Payment Integrity, you’ll be the senior leader responsible for leading the team towards success. You’ll be closely involved in all aspects of intelligence delivery from start to finish. That includes developing analytics strategy and roadmaps, partnering with our internal business operations to identify needs and working with the entire BI team as they develop new work products. This role engages with various business partners to evaluate, triage, and prioritize requests; and is a key leadership role within the Enterprise Payment Integrity and Optum Ireland Analytics organization.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Develop and manage the strategic roadmap for the Payment Integrity business intelligence and reporting function.
- Work collaboratively with business partners to ensure a shared understanding of business objectives and priorities and defining what new insights / BI products are needed to support these objectives.
- Oversee portfolio of ad-hoc requests, including prioritization and governance process with business stakeholders and delivering monthly updates to executive stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including business and technical partners, to shape product development efforts.
- Drive innovation by improving the business value of insights delivered to partners and do so by leveraging more efficient and cost-effective analytics development and maintenance approaches – improving the overall ROI of each analytic product developed.
- Drive efficiencies in current productions support processes via further automaton and reduction of technical debt.
- Direct oversight and management of technical team of around 40, with a keen focus on continuous development of team members; advancing soft-skills and technical expertise.
- Strong experience leading and developing technical teams
- Strong industry experience in Business Intelligence
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
- Demonstrated understanding of the difference between business requirements and technical solutions
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Effective data analysis and interpretation skills, able to draw and present quantitative conclusions
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating good level of maturity
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Healthcare / Pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of Payment Integrity operations
- Experience with leading programming and software engineering team with knowledge of data modelling, data management, data design and data visualisation.
- Knowledge of hands-on experience with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical leadership with hand-on experience with Snowflake, Tableau or comparable tools.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.