Senior Data Analyst - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers. More equitable, effective, and affordable health care - that's our goal. We aren't just trying to improve the care an individual receives. We're building a future where the health care system works better for everyone.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst (SDA) to work directly with OptumLabs Partners and Principal Scientists on a variety of health care research projects and applied data initiatives. The SDA consults with and advises researchers on all phases of a research project and executes multiple phases of a project including: study design, research protocol development, programming specifications, creating analytic data sets, data verification, descriptive and multivariate statistical analysis, and tables and figures for final reports. The SDA will also be a part of a team that develops and supports reporting analytics for internal and external stakeholders. The analyst will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and making enhancements to various ad hoc and recurring standard reports that are built in SQL and SAS. Candidates will be using their operational analytical skills to design/develop, program, maintain and publish reports. Candidates must be self-directed and creative while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. Attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills, along with solid interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines are vital to this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilizes SAS/SQL to create standard and ad hoc reports based on business requirements
- Develop and deliver internal facing and client facing analytics and reporting activities
- Data management of survey data
- Prepares and presents reports, analysis, and presentations to colleagues and leaders
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions/workshops for internal and external audiences
Advise researchers in:
- Navigation of the OptumLabs data environment
- Appropriate use of the data assets
- Programming (SAS, SQL) best practices
- Interpretation of data findings
Design, Programming, and Statistical analysis for research studies:
- Design or advise on the design of studies using observational data, develop detailed study protocols
- Conduct claims data extract and programming
- Executing descriptive and multivariate statistical analysis
- Explain findings to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Creating tables, figures, results
- Working closely with Researchers and Analysts to identify data issues and solutions to the issues
- Complete project analysis documentation according to department standards
- Provide consultation for researchers on applied use of observational data assets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience programming in SAS
- 3+ years of report development and analysis
- 3+ years of experience in health services research or similar research area
- Experience working with relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) writing queries for the purpose of extracting data
- 5+ years of experience programming in SAS or SQL
- 5+ years of experience in health services research or similar research area
- 5+ years of experience with administrative claims data, EHR/EMR data, or complex relational health care databases
- 3+ years of experience programming in R, Python, Spark, PySpark
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Recognize and solve technical problems
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.