Senior Data Analyst, Health Equity - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Healthcare Economics Data Analyst in Optum’s Product Analytics organization, you will perform critical data analytics that examine the effect of Social Determinants of Health on the administration and outcomes of Optum Health products. Your role will include data analytics for product development and pilot evaluations, partnering with internal stakeholders to understand and document data requirements, and working on optimization of data extraction, transformation, and loading. You’ll be valued not only for your remarkable data skills, but for your collaborative nature, creative approach to problem solving, and your contribution to the team’s mission to advance health equity for United Health Group’s membership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and implement appropriate business requirements for dataset creation to for research projects in collaboration with research analysts and Product Analytics leaders
- Develop and manage large analytic datasets, including data extraction, cleaning, and documentation of project requirements
- Develop and improve code to extract health insurance claims data, health care operational data, demographic and SDOH data, and clinical data from a variety of data sources
- Work closely with team members to make improvements to research and methodology and execute our analytic roadmap
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in informational technology, computer science, health services research, data science or related field
- 5+ years of experience SAS, SQL or equivalent programming experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with health insurance claims, transactions data, biometric, health assessment, or similar types of clinical, program, or employer data
- 3+ years of experience integrating data from large relational databases
- Advanced level of proficiency with SAS programming
- Advanced level of proficiency working with MS Excel, including advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc. or advanced proficiency in Tableau
- Excellent presentation skills and professional communication style (verbal and written)
- Excellent time/project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and ability to pivot priorities as business needs shift
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.