Senior Data Engineering Lead
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. Optum is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting.
As part of Optum, the Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing Optum's intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
Challenge yourself by shaping what health care looks like while doing your life’s best work
Skill Set / Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL, Oracle Database, with relevant industry experience, able to translate customer requirements into DB architecture.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in designing / architecting in the following areas:
- Database security
- Clustering, high availability, disaster recovery
- Database-as-a-Service solutions
- Strong knowledge of cloud concepts
- 4+ years’ experience working with Databases in a cloud native environment: e.g., RDS on AWS
- 3+ years’ experience with NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Graph DB, etc.
- Able to understand the queries and optimize them for performance
- Should be able to design the overall data model for a complete solution, share best practices highlight concern areas
- Identify project and implementation risks
- Able to weigh the pros and cons of the different solution
- Understand analyze AWR/Statspack Reports
- Fine tuning scaling the systems
- Candidate must be curious, autonomous and highly motivated by new/legacy information technologies as the tasks/role demands
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
Basic Qualifications :
- Btech/MCA in Computer Science or related fields from Tier 1, 2 colleges
- 8+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations
- Working with US healthcare domain is a +
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.