Manager, Data Analytics Transformation - Remote
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers.
More equitable, effective, and affordable health care - that's our goal. We aren't just trying to improve the care an individual receives. We're building a future where the health care system works better for everyone.
Our Team is driving the adoption of modernized analytics across Optum Labs. We need to create a set of business and technical documents that convey our products’ functionality and how our customers can use them. A great candidate will consult with business stakeholders to build business case for change, help set priorities, and work closely with technology partners to build analytics as software. This person will be tasked with understanding the standards on which these analytic products are built, working with analytic leads, engineers and development teams to help build out our products, and conveying the underlying functionality and utility in a way that’s approachable and understandable by a broad community of stakeholders. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone with communications experience who has worked with analytic products and has knowledge of modern software best practices.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for internal and external engineering audiences, including developer notes, FAQs, and other documentation
- Closely partner with engineering teams to understand product roadmaps and new feature developments
- Enable users to get the most out of innovative software solutions aimed at modernizing analytics
- Produce market-quality documentation inclusive of feature guides, release notes, and API docs that can help guide customers in using our products
- Edit, clarify, and proofread colleagues’ documents and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Work with customers to solicit feedback and incorporate that into relevant documentation
- Work with peer writers and editors to improve your writing and grow professionally as a technical communicator
- Support communication efforts on the benefits and value of the adoption of modernized analytics
- Collaborate with the product team to guide and develop the marketing strategy of our product to best position us for success
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree or certification in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of technical writing experience designing and producing content for a technical audience, such as Software Engineers, System Administrators, or IT professionals
- 2+ years of experience with Git and software platforms like GitHub
- 2+ years of experience with HTML, CSS
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile Development environment
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Sample work as an additional document with resume
- Relevant technical background in software industry with a preference for health care software
- Experience with analytics and statistical software such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, and others to perform analysis and interpret data
- Familiarity with project/product management tools such as Aha! or Asana
- Power Automate and Sharepoint development experience
- Familiarity with public cloud computing from Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with software product development in a product management, or analytics development (data science, machine learning) Teams
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills with ability collaborate with cross functional teams and participate in user interviews
We Lead with Diversity, Inclusion and Compassion
At Optum Labs, we are dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for their unique experience and contributions. Our Leadership Principles underscore our commitment to inclusion, encouraging us to “walk in each other’s shoes” and open doors for our peers.
UnitedHealth Group supports local, regional, and national organizations that share these values through joint initiatives, event and program participation, volunteerism and giving. Through our Connected Communities, employees can connect with others who have similar – or different – life experiences and backgrounds. These groups are led by peers, supported by Human Capital, and championed by leaders
We Invest in Talent
Managers at every level are committed to their roles as talent stewards who help guide and nurture professional development. We want our employees to reach their highest level of potential just as they help us reach ours.
At Optum Labs, employees are our first customers. That’s why we offer virtual work environments – to provide work/life flexibility via telecommuting. While it can be a struggle to be a telecommuter, it can also provide enormous benefits for your personal and professional life.
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.