Senior Data Analyst - San Antonio, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Data Analyst will help develop new reporting and analytical tools that will support our drive to 5 star performance for WellMed Central Quality. This individual will also support business analysts with BRD development, work with stakeholders to answer questions, perform UAT, and any other related ad hoc work as requested. The job duties are: report creation via SQL, Alteryx or Tableau, and running QA and process verification for more senior developers. Role will require the individual to partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization. Other roles involved could include producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents and maintains database queries and data analysis
- Translates large quantities of in-depth data and creates reports that display the information’s overall significance
- Develops data reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, and proposes documented solution recommendations
- Converts complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences as defined by department guidelines
- Supports reporting and analysis on all business initiative projects
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Troubleshoots and coordinates resolutions for all issues related to reports supported by the department
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Information Technology or related field required. (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of reporting/analytic experience
- 1+ year Tableau development experience
- Proficiency in SQL and developing efficient, well-performing queries
- Experience with performance tuning tools and/or techniques
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Experience in Medicare Advantage Part D (MAPD) and HEDIS operations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take ownership of job responsibilities and ensure successful completion of all projects and requests
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in high volume workload situations
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.