Senior Data Engineering Lead
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- 10+ years of working experience in Software development with 5+ years in Spark development using Scala or Pyspark
- 5+ years of Implementation experience on time-critical production projects following key software development practices
- Hands-on experience of migration to Big data using Spark (Scala /Spark)
- Hands-on experience on Azure cloud technologies including Databricks & Data Factory
- Hands-on development experience in Spark programming, particularly in Scala or Python
- Experience in Database technologies including MySQL and NOSQL DBs like Cassandra, etc.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD (Containerization using Dockers)
- Sound understanding of running applications on a Containerized platform (Docker/ Kubernetes)
- Ability to understand the existing application codebase, perform impact analysis and update the code when required based on the business logic or for optimization
- Ability to learn modern technologies and be part of fast paced teams
- Ability to lead the team and shoulder technical leadership responsibilities to lead team and provide solutions
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills (Both Verbal and Written)
At Optum Technology, our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. #OPTUMTechnology #OPTUMRX
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.