Senior Manager, Data and Analytics GDD IT
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care. The Data and Analytics lead will play a key role in strategic use of data to drive critical business impacts through the delivering of data-driven insights in the Global Drug Development function. If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
- Drive end-to-end data analytics solutions starting with understanding the business requirements, exploring large amount of diverse historical data, developing machine learning models, assessing new approaches, and building prototypes to advance business use cases and/or deliver business value related to clinical trial execution and submissions.
- Engage and collaborate with a diverse team of business stakeholders, business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, data architects, solution architects, and project managers to develop data analysis plan and execute on it to deliver business outcomes that help drive time, cost, quality, and efficiency within the functional area aligned with business needs.
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into data and information needs and deliver the appropriate data, modeling, and/or analytical solutions.
- Develop data visualizations and/or dashboards in Tableau or Spotfire to facilitate metrics reporting & monitoring, insights consumption, and additional analyses.
- Build reusable tools and/or libraries to streamline the data analytics pipeline and sharing knowledge.
- Act as a subject matter expert in analytical methodologies to research, recommend, and implement state-of-the-art and/or traditional modeling techniques that is most appropriate for the business problem at hand.
- Ready to do maintenance, troubleshooting, refactoring, unit-testing, integration testing, code packaging, dockerization, and documentation of large-scale projects.
- Develop and apply MLOps skills to support CI/CD pipelines, as well as work with AWS tools such as S3 buckets, lambda functions, step functions, EC2, etc. to support solution.
- Mentor and/or provide code review for other colleagues to ensure work is delivered to robust quality standards.
- Communicate results as an easy-to-understand storyline to explain the approach, associated limitations, and any data-driven insights to business leads.
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires advanced knowledge applicable to a wide range of work in data & analytics and thorough knowledge of other functions, typically gained through a university degree and 7-8 years of experience. Demonstrates mastery in data & analytics skillsets such as data provisioning, data mining, data visualization, machine learning, code development in python/R, Github, cloud computing platforms like AWS, model governance with MLFlow or equivalent. Lead initiatives related to continuous improvement or implementation of new technologies. Works independently on most deliverables. Responsible for the direct management of a team including results/outcomes, goal setting, performance management, coaching. Has significant input into decisions related to hiring, performance reviews, promotions, and compensation actions.
- People manager level with supervisory responsibility for Individual Contributor and People Manager positions
- With support, lead business partner (client relationship manager) with function or geography. Alternatively, may be responsible for a large sub-function or multiple teams doing similar work
- Can package information and data that tells a story and provides insight to a broader problem. Presents and explains the implications of key information on issues important to the business unit.
- Frequently interacts with other internal and external stakeholders regarding operational decisions and business requirements. Analyzes the impact of conclusions and actions on people, technology, structure, and workflow across teams
- Gives others challenging opportunities to build strong capabilities for team. Helps drive a culture which motivates awareness and learning through creating space for conversations and debate.
- Demonstrates a focus on improving processes, structures, and knowledge within the team. Leads in analyzing current states, deliver strong recommendations in understanding complexity in the environment, and the ability to execute to bring complex solutions to completion.
- Stays current with emerging trends in specialty area. Identifies future state and dimensions of change (org, tech, cultural) to achieve. Creates transition plans for new processes, implements and monitor’s change. Ensures alignment of plans with the enterprise's strategic vision and translates the vision to connect to team's work
- Maintains a broad perspective when analyzing information and utilizes analytical thought while pushing others to do the same, considering long-term implications. Uses judgement and creativity in structuring work and finding solutions that are not obvious. Reviews and assess solutions proposed by others to determine the best path moving forward.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.