Program Specialist - Healthcare Data Analyst - Remote in Sacramento, CA
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 company.
If you are located in Sacramento, CA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others' work
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Create and maintain training materials for our end-users benefit
- Present at User Groups, webinars, and conduct training classes (still virtually 100% of the time)
- Author one reference article / topic paper annually
- Collaborate well within the Program Specialist team and also assist in a Business Analyst capacity, with ongoing data feeds (Work Authorization) efforts to assure end users that the data will be available and retrievable in the desired fashion
- Work with end-users, of all levels, both technically and business-minded, to help them to work with the data in the Medi-Cal data warehouse to make data-driven decisions
- Understanding when end-user discontent arises and properly escalating through Optum and MIS Section management as appropriate to ensure that end-users feel supported
Are you up for navigating a complex matrix of business units and teams? We share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. It's going to take all you've got to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in health care analysis, data mining, defining business processes and requirements, developing and documenting solutions, testing, and implementation
- 3+ years of experience with Business Objects for developing and maintaining business intelligence and analytic reports or a combination of experience with similar products to Business Objects used to perform business intelligence reporting
- 3+ years of experience working with statistical reporting data tools such as SAS for large volume databases, developing and maintaining business intelligence and analytic reports
- 1+ years of experience in business/finance including analysis experience with a solid understanding of data storage structures
- Experience with Medicaid, Social Security Administration (SSA), and other health data specific to state and federal policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Proficiency with MS Tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
- Possessing excellent time management principles to juggle competing priorities
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 5 company with all the resources you'd expect from the largest networks of physicians, hospitals, health facilities and caregivers in the United States and more than 125 other countries.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.