Director, GPS IT Data Integrity & CSV
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
With the critical nature and value of our data to the products, this role will lead and serve as an expert in Data Integrity for computer systems across the GPS function. This role is also driving optimization for GPS IT computer systems validation and software assurance practices and outcomes.
If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
- Global alignment of computer systems validation across GPS sites and GPS regulated areas.
- Delivery of shared efficiencies and optimization for shared services relating to CSV or data integrity.
- Lead roadmap of activities to ensure data integrity controls effectiveness and continuous improvement agenda.
- Champion Digital First in a compliant manner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in computer systems data integrity topics and computer software assurance.
- Responsible for the development of long-term (3 year) roadmaps identifying capabilities that have the greatest impact on business capabilities for the organization. Partnering and benchmarking with external sources.
- Responsible for developing strategic and collaborative partnerships with the partner enterprise teams, risk management organizations, Quality and GPS IT leadership. Ability to become the trusted partner and advisor to all stakeholders in both sites demonstrating deep domain knowledge of GPS data and business processes.
- Demonstrate matrix leadership of GPS CSV resources in other functions: responsible for ensuring that all GPS IT functions are successful in their implementation of CSV and data integrity controls.
- Lead and deliver on GPS-wide harmonized computer systems practices and procedures for data integrity or CSV.
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires deep knowledge of work outside own function and deep expertise in own functions, typically gained through a university degree and at least 10-12 years of experience.
- Works independently on all deliverables.
- Responsible for the direct management of one or multiple teams including results/outcomes, goal setting, performance management, coaching.
- Has significant input into decisions related to hiring, performance reviews, promotions, and compensation actions. Considers broader business needs when managing colleague development, recruitment, succession planning, and diversity.
- Leads complex, multi-disciplinary projects including resource and budget allocation and operational leadership.
- Oversees deliverable product, sets vision and standards for work products, challenges teams. Lead a mix of multiple functions, geographies and/or capabilities. Actively contributes to the strategic direction of the function by recommending initiation/curtailment of projects based on assessment of viability and impact on BMS. Decisions impact the function's ability to deliver on its objectives.
- Delivers across a range of issues with strong influence and trust. In difficult / stressful situations shows resilience and encourages calm and rationale behavior of teams. Identifies multiple solutions and recommendations to senior leaders. May contribute to decision-making that guides the strategic direction of the function.
- Structures series of communications to achieve broader organizational/team goals. Tailors’ communication content and style to ensure stakeholder understanding.
- Provides strategic feedback to vendors on service delivery, influences vendor delivery at a strategic level. Synthesize multiple analyses towards solving broader business issues/initiatives. Represents discipline or function on program/project teams.
- Identifies gaps in capabilities across the function and ensures developmental opportunities are provided to ensure the continued growth and development of colleagues.
- Anticipates how multiple processes interrelate and can evolve. Enacts plans to evolve multiple, complex processes. Able to envision divisional strategy with anticipation of forces / dynamics that will likely unfold.
- Sets direction/guidance for team with little guidance, using considerable judgement. Contributes to development of multiple topic areas and/or multiple functions/regions. Drive setting functional direction. Recognized as a thought leader.
- Makes resource allocation decisions, set objectives, and drives decisions about priorities within large team. Synthesize multiple analyses towards solving broader business issue/initiative. Leader of area or capability which is high risk, e.g., regulated area with frequent external oversight.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.