Senior Data Analyst - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare Experience Analytics & Reporting team is all about putting our consumers first. We strive to drive action across the organization to enhance the consumer experience, increase engagement and improve NPS through data and consumer insights. Here at UHCx, we write the headlines; we don’t just deliver the news. We create and drive the experience strategy. We deliver insights. We use data to make decisions, drive action and ensure the best use of resources. We tell the organization what actions are needed to change the consumer experience and improve NPS.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpreting results from various data analyses, including queries, analytic models and operational processes
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Develop data pipelines to ingest, transform and enrich data using clean coding principles
- Own and manage the deliverables allocated to you, ensuring accurate documentation, testing and deployment
- Contribute to common frameworks and best practices in code development, deployment and automation/orchestration of data pipelines
- Partner with Data Science and Product leaders to design best practices and standards for developing and productional analytic pipelines
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others and acts as a resource for others with less experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL, Python or other performing data analysis (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience working with data in Excel, Tableau, PowerBI (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience developing data pipelines that demonstrate a solid understanding of software engineering principles
- Understanding of DevOps tools, Git workflow and building CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar with Airflow or similar orchestration tool
- Proven ability to debug complex data issues while working on very large data sets with millions of records
- Proven ability to work with business and technical audiences on business requirement meetings, technical white boarding exercises, and SQL coding/debugging sessions
- Proven competent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience building data pipelines on either AWS, Azure or GCP, following best practices in Cloud deployments
- Experience working in projects with agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience with shell scripting languages
- Experience working with both real-time and batch data, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of both and when to apply one over another
- Experience with Apache Spark and related Big Data stack and technologies, preferably using Scala, else PySpark
- Knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure automation and management (e.g., Terraform)
- Well versed in Python, in fulfilling multiple general-purpose use-cases, and not limited to developing data APIs and pipelines
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.