People Analytics, Senior Data Analyst - Remote or Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company that’s dedicated to improving the health outcomes of millions around the world. We are comprised of two distinct and complementary businesses, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, working to build a better health system for all. Here, your contributions matter as they will help transform health care for years to come. Make an impact with a diverse team that shares your passion for helping others and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Use your analytical skills in a fast paced, high impact Corporate People Analytics role.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing client groups with support on people programs, organization development and other People-specific or business initiatives. Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise. Analyzes, investigates, provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise. This role is responsible for a wide array of projects, administration, research, data analysis, and reporting, in support of people team initiatives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Minnetonka, MN, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Formulate the right questions in order to develop the best approach for data analyses
- Develop hypotheses, document assumptions, and analyze results as they relate to key business imperatives
- Work with other team members to identify data needs, sources, and structures to support solving internal client issues
- Analyze/interpret the results of analyses and develop appropriate conclusions, recommendations, and prescribed actions
- Proactively broaden and deepen relationships with people team business partners and business leaders
- Develop research presentations on results of data analysis
- Design reports out of survey systems to visually and graphically communicate information and results
- Implement online dashboards to visually display feedback results and insights
- Train and support internal users in effective usage of survey platforms and processes
- Create processes and plans for people projects, ensuring business requirements related to development, testing, implementation and support are documented and communicated with project teams
- Stay abreast of people team processes advancements in assessment. Identify opportunities for system and process enhancements that improve learning efficiencies and insights
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, business or science
- 3+ years of experience in conducting research and developing surveys to collect feedback and in interpreting data / results from surveys
- Experience interpreting date and creating prescriptive action plans to drive change
- Experience building relationships and working with business users and human capital at all levels
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of survey design and question design
- Understanding of sampling methodologies
- Intermediate Excel skills including (run formulas, pivot tables, clean and manipulate data)
- Master’s degree in industrial and organizational psychology, human resources development, educational psychology or psychology
- Experience with large data sets, data cleaning and data manipulation
- Experience with focus group and interview techniques
- Experience with an online survey system
- Experience in an agile environment
Careers with UnitedHealth Group. Discover rewarding opportunities as we help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. Join a team of people who are talented, compassionate and driven. We will support you with the global outreach, resources and inclusive culture we’re proud to foster as a Fortune 5 company. We encourage you to grow as we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.