Principal Data Analyst - UHC M&R MA Product - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medicare Advantage Product Capabilities team provides management, strategic oversight, SME knowledge, data analytics, data delivery & stewardship, and production support for technical assets which deliver Medicare Advantage product and benefit data across the enterprise. Our focus is to create sustainable solutions that drive efficiencies in operations where Medicare Advantage product data is needed.
The Principal Data Analyst is a director level position, and will be an expert in working with data, driving successful technical programs under their responsibility. While immediately the position will not have direct reports, they will have responsibility for small team of developers and analysts that may report to them in the near future.
The role will have oversight of two programs related to delivering standard reporting of healthcare plan and benefit reporting throughout the organization. The candidate will lead a scrum team to deliver flawless execution of the program, guiding its roadmap, and mentoring staff to create a high performing team.
They will also serve as a technical architect, creating prototypes or frameworks to be passed on to senior staff to deliver the full implementation. Lastly, as a part of the MA Product leadership team, they will work with other analytics team to collaborate and advise on other projects to ensure the team delivers in a consistent manner.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and mentor an internal analytics scrum team using agile practices to deliver the technical solution and data sets in support of Medicare Advantage Plan and Benefit Design, including competitive analytics and plan/benefit reporting
- Establish a deep understanding of the business (Medicare Product, Claims, Member eligibility) and collaborate with Business SMEs to shape the solutions, perform analysis, and interpret data
- Drive technology modernization programs in MA Product by identifying programs that do not meet the growth or quality needs of the team and lead redesign efforts
- Asset technical owner of several data platforms (Database, BI, and ETL servers) responsible for ensuring staff adheres to and evolves data architecture and standards
- Evaluate new technologies to allow the department to deliver modern and innovative products
- Write code (stored procedures, SQL Query, SSIS functions), perform code reviews, maintain code deployments
- Contribute to analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares solutions by determining and designing system specifications, establishing and following standards
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks
- Keep track and provide status updates
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical program
- 5+ years healthcare experience
- 4+ years of solid SQL experience
- 3+ years of experience communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at VP and Sr. Director levels
- 3+ years of progressive data analytics leadership experience
- Advanced degree
- Team leader experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare M&R Underwriting & HCE. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.