Sr. Data Analyst - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Sr. Data Analyst, you will be working on the Chart Review analytics and business processes for OptumInsight's Risk, Quality and Provider Enablement business. You will have the opportunity to work on complex data issues and design robust operational processes with preventive controls that are critical for our internal and external clients/payers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand Risk Adjustment and Chart Review analytics/data/processes in detail
- Research and analyze refinements to the existing analytics and operational processes
- Perform data analysis to debug or research solutions to business problems using PySpark
- Build & automate new processes/convert existing SAS processes to PySpark with built-in quality checks
- Maintain & Support operational processes related to Chart Review
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working with relational data (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases)
- 5+ years of data analysis experience
- 5+ years of business analysis or analytics experience
- Demonstrated high proficiency in SQL and experience handling large volumes of data
- Proven knowledge/experience with automating/scheduling processes
- Undergraduate or above in an engineering or other quantitative field
- Experience working for a healthcare organization
- Experience with analyzing data in a Big Data environment
- Knowledge/experience working with NoSQL databases (HBase, HIVE or similar)
- Knowledge/experience working on Python, Spark
- Declarable knowledge of Risk Adjustment and Claims
- Articulable knowledge of reporting tools
- Describable solid organization and collaboration skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.