Senior Data Analyst - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UHC Business Analytics Sciences Insights and Strategies (BASIS) organization provides data-driven insights and builds advanced AI / ML solutions to the various lines of business and organizations within UnitedHealthcare Government Programs. The BASIS team partners with various entities within the enterprise to increase operational value, optimize experience and support contractual analytical requirements.
The BASIS team serves across a wide variety of business domains including claims processing, consumer experience, provider experience, and many more.
This Senior Data Analyst role will work across these wide business domains to develop advanced transformative solutions that lead to more effective decision-making and more efficient execution across multiple lines of business. This role specifically focuses on developing innovative Data Science solutions that will provide new insights that drive business decisions through data modeling, advanced analytics and automated solutions. This position will be responsible for advancing the current analytic capabilities of the BASIS (Government reporting & analytics team) and will serve as a member of a new enhanced analytics team to develop end user reporting and visualizations for operational requirements, contractual support, automate manual reporting solutions, and business differentiation. This role will bridge the gap to other advanced analytics teams by creating support of ML/AI models for the government reporting and analytics team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with vast amounts of data from multiple sources to deliver high-impact actionable insights to senior leadership and business operations; enable data-driven decision-making across the enterprise to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of UHC Operations
- Perform exploratory data analysis from structured, unstructured, and diverse datasets; apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and reporting automation and visualization
- Identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement
- Partner with various functions to develop advanced, innovative, and transformative data analytic solutions which directly contribute to achieving enterprise goals and vision
- Develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights, and drive better decisions and performance to help the business achieve its business objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data analytics. Provide guidance and mentorship to team members
- Understand operations at a deep level, develop metrics and report on critical outcomes
- Develop queries and models to evaluate results and formulate solutions to drive process & performance improvement
- Develop visionary and creative analytic solutions to measure business performance; identifies / quantifies drivers, risks and opportunities and defines solutions to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, projects and / or approaches
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in a highly quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience working on data analytics/science initiatives in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis, data-driven investigations, data storytelling, visualizations, and analytic insight creation for executive consumption
- 5+ year of experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools
- Experience with extracting data from Enterprise Data Warehouses and Enterprise Data Lakes
- Experience with cloud based analytic services (Azure, Snowflake, AWS, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with R and/or Python
- Experience with any of the following: machine learning platforms, data mart development and engineering, advanced statistics, natural language processing, and process mining
- Highly experienced in data visualization tools such as Tableau; PowerBI
- Knowledge and experience analyzing Medical claim data, as well as standard processes that generate data through the health care claim adjudication process
- Sound business focus; must excel at connecting business requirements to analytic objectives and to measurable business benefit
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.