Associate Data Analyst
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Positions in this function are responsible for the producing and managing the membership/claims reporting delivery and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients. Team members will typically use SAS, SMART VIEW, GL Detail to extract and perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work involves analytics and tend analysis.
- Production of standard or self-service operational reporting
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Be involved in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Analyze and investigate
- Handle multiple priorities and deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Generate Reports through SAS Enterprise Guide and experience with SAS BI Tools
- Perform Month-on-Month trending and Variance analysis with detailed commentary on the breached line items (Actual Vs Forecast)
- Prepare supporting documentation and evidence for internal and external auditors
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- 2+ years of experience on SAS; hands-on experience with SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, SAS/MACROS, Advance Excel and MS Access
- Experience in extracting data and creating; SAS datasets from various sources like SQL Server, DB2, Access database, Excel and flat files
- Experience in developing, validating and implementing SAS programs and produce derived datasets for analysis and generating & documenting tables
- Experience working with large data sets / systems / warehouses using SAS / SQL to translate data into information for decision making
- Extensive knowledge and experience on SAS EG, SAS Base, SQL
- Expertise debugging capabilities and resolving the issues while executing the code and automate the process
- Proficiency in data-handling and analysis software
- Proficient in SQL and SAS Programming
- Good analytical and self-learning skills
- Ability to fix jobs due to logic/code issues and able to do jobs modifications based on the requirements
- Ability to analyze the code, understand the purpose, modify the code to run successfully
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.