Senior Data Analyst - UHC M&R MA Product - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medicare Advantage (MA) Product Capabilities team provides management, strategic oversight, SME knowledge, data analytics, data delivery & stewardship, and production support for technical assets which deliver Medicare Advantage product and benefit data across the enterprise. Our focus is to create sustainable solutions that drive efficiencies in operations where Medicare Advantage product data is needed.
The Sr Data Analyst will be part of a team supporting a data warehouse with data feeds from vendors that provide ancillary services to Medicare Advantage (like fitness or transportation benefits). The role will work with members of the MA Product team to understand the benefit offering and collaborate on defining and establishing data feeds from vendors. Heavily weighted on the data analysis side, the Analyst will validate the data, then establish operational processes to load the data into our database using SQL Server Integration Services.
After integration, the analyst will support data transformations for the dashboard team, grow as a SME on the data and provide adhoc analysis, and support access for other analytics programs that connect to the data.
This role sits on a business team and requires the candidate not only be a technical resource, but grow an understanding of the business and data that MA Product supports (primarily plan design and member eligibility).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Produce high quality data solutions that adhere to team standards, are scalable as the product grows, and sustainable to produce minimal rework
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and prototyping of new reports or projects
- Engage with teammates and business partners to identify ideal sources for data, then build out operational processes and documentation to incorporate data into our systems
- Grow in knowledge and understanding of data sets to effectively collaborate with stakeholders to shape the solutions provided
- Be a leader, able to independently complete tasks, yet still collaborate as a team
- Maintains team operational effectiveness by creating documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code for all projects in a shared environment
- Contribute to analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Write and maintain code primarily using MS Data Tools (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS)
- Prepares solutions by determining and designing system specifications, then establish and following standards
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks
- Keep track and provide status updates
- Drive teammates involved in projects towards established goals and taking the lead to enforce or flex established design standards
- Engage with Sr Leadership teams to support adhoc analysis and present findings
- Meet with external vendors and collaborate on data solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical program
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and currently at an advanced /expert level
- 3+ years of experience with scripting or programming languages
- 3+ years of data analysis and reporting experience
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of experience communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences with external vendors or senior leadership levels
- Medicare experience
- Experience working with an agile team
Careers at UnitedHealthcare M&R Underwriting & HCE. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.