Senior Marketing Data Analyst - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Are you passionate about data-driven marketing? We're looking for an individual with direct marketing or sales experience and solid analytical skills to advance our marketing analytics team within Optum Marketing. The Senior Data Analyst will be a key contributor to advancing our sales and digital marketing analytics team to drive actionable insights that impact business results.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment with a high degree of individual responsibility. This person will have analytical mindset.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide subject matter expertise on analytics strategy including digital marketing, web analytics, marketing engagement and sales attribution
- Perform complex and conceptual analysis to conduct periodic, comprehensive business reviews on marketing performance with senior leadership
- Serve as a key resource on complex issues and partner with stakeholders and marketers to ensure that a framework and metrics are in place to measure success
- Participate in a measurement framework initiative to provide standardized metrics for self-service
- Build and automate queries and workflows that aggregate marketing-related activity
- Create data visualization dashboards to analyze and interpret trends
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Enable the advancement of marketing measures by incorporating new key performance indicators creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, providing business requirements, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights, and presenting recommendations for use across the company
- Proactively deliver insights to improve business and campaign metrics and be seen as a strategic partner
- Proactively work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to refine campaigns and act as their analytics consultant
- Collaborate with marketing data colleagues to help support data governance and quality and ensure data accuracy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4+ years equivalent data analytics experience
- 3+ years of sales, marketing or digital marketing analytics experience
- 1+ years of quantitative analytics experience (preferably with Salesforce, Eloqua or Adobe Analytics)
- Master's Degree
- Experience in end-to-end marketing campaign processes (from data instantiation, segmentation, selection, output, reporting/analysis)
- Experience in programming language (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Background in the healthcare industry
- Experience using software to analyze data (Excel, SAS or SPSS)
- Data visualization experience (Tableau or Domo)
- Experience with end-to-end marketing reporting (campaign outreach, lead generation, sales funnel, conversion rates)
- Experience in cross-team collaboration, particularly with the ability to cross technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in fast-paced, complex project management, and an ability to juggle shifting timelines and priorities
- Solid presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership
- Solid analytical skills and experience working across different technologies/tools
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.