Director Analytics Architecture and Data Engineering - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
OptumInsight Analytics is seeking a skilled technology leader to be an integral part of cloud-based data warehousing and analytics initiatives for our Health systems/Provider clients. Candidate will work with customers and lead the implementation team to define approach for the cloud data warehouse migration, define architecture, and assist with building the roadmap for the implementation and data hydration of Azure cloud based Datawarehouse/Analytics platform. The candidate will also be expected to take the lead deployment of new or existing analytics capabilities, enrichments and insights on the cloud Analytics platform. Candidate will be required to collaborate with a broad group of stakeholders and experts to lead the build of custom capabilities, prioritize and allocate capabilities to sprints, and manage the technical delivery.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support Technical and Solution architecture for Cloud Analytics Platform and Data Engineering capabilities
- Provide guidance and direction for defining/refining the overall Solution Architecture and related technology stack as per client needs
- Participate in Architecture, Design and Code reviews
- Support agile delivery for the Platform Infrastructure and Data Engineering functions
- Assist TPMs with curating the user stories for the Platform infrastructure and Data Engineering features and capabilities
- Provide architecture and technical guidance to Platform and Data engineering scrum team(s) to plan work, mitigate issues and drive timely delivery and data-driven decision making.
- Participate in full product lifecycle including researching solution options, proof of concepts, architecture, design and build, testing, and demos
- Facilitate collaboration between teams and resolve conflict as needed
- Support ongoing workstream reporting and readout to Optum and client stakeholders
- Partner with Program leadership and other workstreams to identify and manage issues, risks and dependencies
- Support mentoring of new and existing team members in Solution architecture and data engineering development best practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of IT experience, specifically in commercial product/application design and delivery
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing on-premise, cloud and/or big-data based Datawarehouse, datamarts and/or analytical ecosystems that support data aggregation, scalable content enrichments, insight generation, and sophisticated content dissemination methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare payer/provider data domains
- 5+ years of experience leading analytical cloud platforms, data engineering and/or technology teams
- 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Datawarehouse Architect, specifically using tools like Terraform, Azure Data Factory, ADLS Gen2, Azure Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure Key Vault, and/or Azure Log Analytics
- 4+ years of experience in leading data warehousing and analytics programs/projects
- 3+ years of experience in Agile delivery (Agile methodology for delivering software solutions)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (if needed)
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in in business, healthcare, or technology
- Knowledge or experience with implementing CI/CD using Jenkins/GitHub
- Knowledge or experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) using Terraform
- Knowledge or experience in stream processing, including knowledge on Kafka
- Knowledge or experience in securing IaaS/PaaS private cloud or DevOps environments
- Knowledge or experience in Data Pipeline orchestration, using tools like Azure Data Factory
- Knowledge or experience with Azure Databricks and/or other Cloud Big Data Datawarehouse platforms
- Knowledge or experience in ETL, Data warehousing concepts, Code management, AND automated testing
- Knowledge or experience with diverse platforms and ops systems, including current and emerging technologies
- Knowledge or experience in Big Data/Cloud eco system, including the ability to design, develop, document and architect Hadoop/cloud applications
- Knowledge or experience with Kubernetes and general container technology (Azure Kubernetes Service, Docker containers etc.) and microservices
- Knowledge or experience in designing, developing, deploying, and securing Lakehouse architecture-based cloud data warehouse solutions and workloads
- Knowledge or experience managing the software development process, with understanding of software engineering best practices and technical design patterns
- Knowledge or experience in architecting cloud security frameworks including Active Directory integration, data tokenization/de-tokenization, and creating/managing certificates and secrets
- Proven excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with excellent follow through, attention to detail, time management skills, and good negotiation, problem solving, planning, and decision making skills
- Proven solid initiative and self-motivation, with ability to interact with, influence, and build relationships across all level of the organization, including LOB stakeholder, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, architecture teams, and senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals, including using resources effectively and efficiently, with the ability to scope out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $118,000 to $226,800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.