Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Serve as a key resource on complex and / or critical issues
- Solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Provide explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Create Benchmark reporting - standard and ad hoc needs
- Develop, build, and maintain reporting of key metrics
- Consult and document business requirements to support reporting needs
- Understand basic relational data structures
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Any graduate or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience writing T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and complex scalar-value functions
- 3+ years of experience using Visual Studio, specifically using SSIS tools for ETL solutions
- 3+ years of experience gathering and documenting requirements
- 3+ years of experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking, and/or evaluation of business processes
- 3+ months of experience building dashboard using Power BI is added advantage
- 3+ months of knowledge on Microsoft azure cloud environment are added advantage
- Knowledge on Query performance tuning and optimization
- Proven solid written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge on U.S healthcare domain
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.