Power BI Statistical Data Analyst (Active Secret Clearance OR ability to obtain one)
Work Where it Matters
Cloud Lake Technology, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Cloud Lake, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Cloud Lake provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Cloud Lake delivers highly specialized, data-centric services and technology solutions that break down organizational boundaries and transform mission delivery.
As a Cloud Lake employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Cloud Lake Technology is looking for a Statistical Data Analyst performing programmatic data analysis and data management duties associated with Science and Technology (S&T) requirements for defense agencies. Qualified candidates must fully understand Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) and Information Analysis Center (IAC) Program Management Office (PMO) mission needs and maintain awareness of the priorities of DTIC/IAC users.
The applicant will have the opportunity to directly work with priorities and projects conducted in collaboration with the Federal government, the private sector, and industry partners within the intelligence, defense, and homeland security communities. He/she will support the conduct of research, contract data analysis, and operational support to address the current DTIC-IAC’s operational needs and DoD-wide, identified capability gaps. Ideal candidate possesses knowledge management, data analysis, and project management experience in the DoD (S&T) environment and strong interest in accelerating technical and information sharing capabilities. The statistical data analyst develops, tracks, and conducts analysis of DoD (S&T) Program related metrics. He/she shall possess extensive training, education, and experience in statistics, mathematics, and/or data science with expertise in MS Excel and Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI and MS Access. Significant growth and learning opportunities exist for those who demonstrate initiative, ability to innovate, original thought, insightful analysis, and comprehensive synthesis. Excellent analytical, organizational, management, and communication skills are required.
- Review and analyze project documents to identify and recommend project controls and knowledge management practices and processes for collecting data, analyzing reports, and providing the analyses needed to improve existing business processes.
- Synchronize and provide data analysis and knowledge management support to a large group of technical, managerial, and administrative groups within DTIC-IAC; develop knowledge management concepts, ideas, and plans for achieving objectives to successfully reach DTIC-IAC and its customers’ vision, goals and mission.
- Provide technical analyses and guidance in managing, evaluating, providing recommendations, reports, and resolutions pertaining to various technical domains.
- Research and provide definitive raw analysis of the client’s portfolio of current capabilities, requirements, and technical initiatives to enable and propose enhancements by recommending solutions to enable rapid capability development.
- Support any internal and external data-call requests for performance measures, trending analysis, metrics, feasibility studies, and change requests serving program objectives.
- Create and present briefings to discuss status, progress, new or changed requirements and technical, program, and scheduling problems which are critical to the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Provide support to the Program Analysis Cell (PAC) and Financial Management Cell (FMC) on administrative and programmatic tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with the Senior Data Management Analyst to facilitate the IAC PMO Data Working Group (DWG) and Data Review Group (DRG) to accomplish the goals and objectives for successful data management.
- Analyze knowledge management processes and retrospective studies to identify any bottlenecks in workflows, providing recommendations for improving techniques and operational awareness to increase productivity and efficiency of the IAC PMO.
- Create and implement iterative knowledge transfer process among multiple stakeholder groups.
Database Development/Data Architecture
- Maintain and update current metrics database (currently using MS Access)
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Develop and maintain the database stored procedures, views and functions for IAC databases.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements.
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Ensure timely development and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Design, evaluate and implement database applications to accommodate a variety of user needs.
- Analyze and determine informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities of the IAC PMO.
- Define logical attributes and inter-relationships and design data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance, and accessibility.
- Test designed applications using database management software or general programming software.
- Install, implement, and support systems within the user base. Perform system level database maintenance.
- Propose detailed specifications and flow charts and coordinate the installation of revised or new systems.
- Provide observations and analysis as needed to the DTIC Data Governance Working Group and other similar stakeholders to include emerging requirements.
Metrics and Reporting
- Review and analyze existing data to identify and communicate priorities, policies, procedures, decisions, goals and issues.
- Prepare and maintain reports and statistics related to various technical domains within the IAC lines of business (program management, contracting, and financial management)
- Support development of program performance goals and metrics based on S&T Program and agency’s Strategic Plan.
- Collect inputs on program performance metric from contractors / vendors and other groups, and provide program performance analysis to the Government.
- Conduct trend analysis of program performance, to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Update goals and metrics based on evolving program requirements.
- Provide weekly and monthly program performance health metrics.
- Required expert-level proficiency in Excel and experience with COTS data analytics tools such as Power BI
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with DTIC-IAC functional groups and its customers as required to address issues/concerns and to develop solutions across organization’s programmatic spectrum to include Defense Systems, IT/Cybersecurity, and Homeland Security capabilities.
- Participate in meetings and conferences with representatives of other government departments and agencies, participating organizations and contractors.
- Discusses problems that affect the overall direction of assigned projects and makes recommendations.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders groups for the purpose of providing technical and programmatic information and recommendations in response to ad-hoc data call requests.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of professional and/or relevant experience. Experience supporting the S&T and R&D requirements/programs is plus (training and education equivalent to a bachelor’s and required years of experience may be acceptable).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Active Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
- Experience and familiarity with supporting Department of Defense programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience briefing senior federal executives.
- Have demonstrated and utilized a knowledge of the mission, charter, roles, and responsibilities of U.S. Government agencies, and how these organizations can effectively cooperate in implementing information sharing plans and programs.
- Have demonstrated a superior ability in developing effective professional and interpersonal relationships with peers and colleagues across multiple functional groups and external partners.
- Have demonstrated an ability to balance responsibilities among assigned activities, including the ability to manage transitions effectively from task to task, and proven adaptability to varying customer needs.
- Proficient in Power BI and MS Access.
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition lifecycle services and tools encompassing the whole data lifecycle (i.e., ranging from data acquisition and management to data analysis and exploitation).
- environment on complex issues requiring consensus-building.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken) and strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a superior ability to work effectively at the highest levels within an interagency.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Cloud Lake
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Hybrid
Req ID: CLO00916