Data Scientist ( R-00053246 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Data Scientist to provide mission critical support to our customer. As part of an Agile Team, you will design, develop, and maintain software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role implements data auditing, reporting, and security through the use of existing tools and developing new ones. This role requires familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques This role leads complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers.
This role evaluates and uses algorithms for Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML). This role develops scripts, notebooks or applications (using Python or Java and associated libraries or frameworks: Scikit-Learn, Numpy, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Spark, Spark MLlib, H20.ai, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and clean large data sets to perform analysis, clustering, entity resolution and structured information extraction for work products. Models are trained and refined using these tools and evaluated for effectiveness using appropriate criteria/metrics for the task. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, Software and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources.
- This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- This role supports objectives and tasks by leveraging numerous tools and techniques to include Python, Splunk, query experience, R and the like.
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- This role develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance.
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Experience with Python, Splunk, and query experience is required.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have Masters with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 8+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of education.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data ScientistPay Range: