Data Scientist ( R-00057042 )
This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze big data in both structured and unstructured formats. It develops and uses advanced data science algorithms and query techniques to model complex business problems and to automate the cleansing, integration, and analysis of datasets for mission needs. It actively engages with mission users, analyzing requirements and evaluating new data science-oriented technologies for capabilities to include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. Further, it works closely with users to develop and prototype new data science capabilities prior to enterprise adoption. It supports mission users by providing statistical knowledge in analyzing and interpreting ad hoc queries.
Telework is possible, but varies on project.
- Experience applying expert domain knowledge of data science algorithms, techniques, and methodologies.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years experience with Python, R, or another scientific programming language.
- Expert knowledge in one or more data science libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising mid-level data scientists and developers.
- Experience with AWS/C2S services
- Candidate must have BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data ScientistPay Range: