Data Scientist ( R-00059956 )
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Data Scientist on the state-of-the-art technology stack supporting the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community partners. D3P is continuing to advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
You will work closely with architects, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and a team of data scientists on performing research-level data analytics, machine learning, and data fusion in support of mission intelligence challenges and publications and presentations with actionable intelligence insights. The position will be based at our Bethesda, MD government customer facility.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Work closely with technologists and analysts on small teams to design and deliver data science workflows, to produce and analyze and disseminate findings, and contribute to publications and presentations.
- Work on small projects analyzing a variety of big data and small “messy” data, covering national security, cyber security, business intelligence, online social media, human behavior and more
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the findings to a non-technical audience
To be successful in this role you need the following:
- BS or advanced degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science with 4+ years of experience in data science, analytics or quantitative intelligence analysis, and demonstrating progressive technical development and outcomes.
- Active TS clearance and must be able to achieve a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Two years experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- Two years experience in one or more big data programming languages, such as Python or Java
- Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical platforms
- Previous experience performing research in Data Analytics or big data
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master's Degree in a quantitative or analytical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or Computational Social Science
- A significant share of your data analytics experience in direct support if military or intelligence community customers, demonstrating progressive technical development and mission-focused outcomes
- Significant experience dealing with open source, publicly available information (PAI) data sources
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience developing predictive algorithms
- Experience supporting cyber security or network security operations
- Familiarity with social network analysis, supply chain analysis, forensic accounting, pattern of life, natural language processing, social media analysis, classification algorithms, and/or image processing
- Experience blending analytical methodologies and leveraging existing COTS/GOTS/OS tools in unconventional manners
- Familiarity utilizing virtualization and distributed field systems, such as Hadoop (or similar distributed file systems) in development and deployment environments
- Familiarity using git, svn, JIRA, or other version control technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS/C2S) or other Cloud services
- Familiarity with hardware platforms, e.g., CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, etc.