Data Scientist ( R-00061740 )
Autonomous airborne systems are essential for commercial, non-profit, and national security interests. The Skyborg System Design project is the Vanguard program managed by Leidos to assist the United States Government in airborne autonomous system design and operations. The Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) currently has openings for two Data Scientists to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your data science skills and experience to help the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Skyborg mission. In this mission Leidos, is developing the Skyborg Autonomy Core System (ACS) and conducting data collection and analysis activities to inform design.
- Design and development of methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse and/or large data sets from disparate sources.
- Develop and use advanced statistical concepts, algorithms, querying and automated processes to clean, model, integrate and evaluate complex datasets and business problems for practical application.
- Familiarity with the principals of related disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
- Provide meaningful insight and interpret and communicate findings and recommendations in both narrative and visualization media.
- May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve system performance.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures, especially with API-connectivity.
- Experience working with and creating data models to support data science endeavors.
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Government / Military domain experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent certificate in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- Experience with complex problem formulation and solution paths in a data-rich environment, including the leverage of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and other advanced data science methods
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
BondExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:2000.00Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data ScientistPay Range: