Data Scientist ( R-00062048 )
Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in College Park, GA to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its reporting goals
- Research, plan, recommend and implement dashboards and data visualization in Tableau to meet the organization's business requirements
- Support the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analyst with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designing visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to customers for feedback
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) in tableau to support customer requirements
- Build and published customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Defines, executes and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views
- Support Activities to document, evolve, and communicate artifacts developed using Tableau
- Building prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes
- Supporting peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results
- Looking for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices
- Maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts
- Clearly communicating and driving discussions on data and insights, context, and implications with business stakeholders
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Creates effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytical dashboards / analytical tools for business users in Tableau.
- Draws upon a full range of Tableau features to design, develop, enhance and support Tableau visualizations including, but not limited to, highly interactive dashboards, scorecards and reports.
- Serves as an Expert developer of Tableau visualizations.
- Effectively utilizes features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products.
- Aid in developing style guide for development of visualizations, design of components, naming of items, data source creation and naming.
- Experience analyzing complex data sets and creating dashboards and visualization to find trends and patterns in data.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Requires strong SQL development skills – writing complex queries and stored procedures – SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Python and R programming experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years’ experience in Business Intelligence and Relational Database Management System (RDMS)
- 3+ years’ experience as Tableau developer
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies.
- Python and R programming language experienceExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:1000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Database ManagementPay Range: