Data Scientist ( R-00062087 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Jr Data Scientist to provide mission critical support to our customer. As part of an Agile Team, you will design, develop, and maintain software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role implements data auditing, reporting, and security through the use of existing tools and developing new ones. This role requires familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques This role leads complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develop and execute project plans leveraging Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
- Experience querying and analyzing machine logs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across team
- Candidate must have a BS and 4-8 years or prior relevant experience or Masters and 2-6 years or prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of education.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:5000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data ScientistPay Range: