Data Scientist ( R-00067337 )
Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist to support a large opportunity for Leidos supporting operations for Integrated Information & Cyber Security Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud technologies and Cyber Security. The Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data findings. The Data Scientist will perform research on various data sources, to include unstructured data using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases using SQL and API interfaces. The Scientist will perform web scraping and apply various techniques for processing unstructured data. The Scientist will leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations. The Data Scientist will contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify business opportunities through the use of algorithmic, statistical, visualization, and data mining techniques.
- Lead business problem definition explaining to the business the value that advanced analytics solutions will drive, as well as possible complications, needed resources, and who will interact with the predictions or results.
- Lead the development of the data necessary to execute analytics solutions by collating and cleaning data from various sources to create input datasets.
- Support exploratory data analysis and feature engineering to prepare data for modeling.
- Build base models by selecting the appropriate approach per the data and business problem and carefully tune hyperparameters in order to produce the best result.
- Lead the communication of results to technical and non-technical audiences including senior business leaders.
- Produce and disseminate non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Stay informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance and/or U.S. Department of Energy Q clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative subject or related field (for example, statistics, mathematics, economics, or related field) and 12 years of experience
- Strong experience working with Python or R programming languages
- Experience working with data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
- Experience with SciPy stack or Tidyverse packages
- Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
- Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing
- Experience /familiarity with frequentist statistics and probability including predicative modeling
- Experience with visualizing data using popular packages including Tableau, ggplot or Matplotlib
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences
- Staff shall meet DoD 8570 SD 205.1
- IAT Level III Certified
- Experience/knowledge of social network and link analysis tools is desired (e.g., Palantir, i2 Analyst’s Notebook, or Proton)
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desired
- Experience with front end web development is desired but not required
- Experience designing and implementing neural network architectures