Data Analyst ( R-00067457 )
DescriptionJob Description:Data Analyst
Salary: £39,000 - £49,650 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessmentLooking for an opportunity to make an impact?...
We are in search of a Team Leidos Data Analyst (TL DA) who
primarily responsible for development of an analytical assessment of our ability to meet the demands of an Operational outload of military materiel.
As a key member of the Team Leidos Operations team, the Data Analyst will collect, analyse and review complex data sets in order to deliver an assessment of Team Leidos capacity versus military demand in ongoing operations and periods of significant surge, such as support to future military operations and major training events.
The initial priority will be to build an interim operational model within six months. A data engineer has been recruited for the first six months to assist the Data Analyst in capturing the significant data sets envisaged. The data engineer has significant logistics experience, but this is not a pre-requisite of the DA; their role is data modelling, taking the data presented to build, then improve, models in differing formats.
This is a new role, so the ideal applicant will be one who is comfortable generating a clear picture where none existed before. The results will enable evidence-based decision making by the Team Leidos Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces at scale and pace.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
A key requirement of the post holder will be to nurture relationships with key stakeholders. First and foremost is the Strategic Plans team in Abbey Wood (within whom the Team Leidos Ops team is nested), who are the drivers of the Strategic Base Outload requirement of Team Leidos. But it will be also important to remain constantly linked to Team Leidos teams dealing with KPIs, Management Information and those working on future capacity planning work within the Stores, Distribution and Freight Division. The aim of these relationships will be to generate and maintain an information sharing environment with regular access to ongoing developments to ensure the model, once built, remains up to date.
- Develop modelling and analysis tools to collate multiple sources of information into a single picture of our procurement, warehousing and transport capacity. This will be fed from data sets captured by the data engineer and provided to the DA.
- Once the initial draft model is produced, work will commence to match it with the Defence operational requirement model, identifying any gaps in either the Defence operational requirements data sets or in TL’s capacity model in order to improve the development of an enhanced end to end supply chain planning picture.
- Provide analytical support to the development of Courses of Action (i.e. using the model to scope various ‘what if’ scenarios) across a wide range of planning activity in order to optimise logistic support to Defence when opening, sustaining or closing military operations worldwide.
- Complete analysis of time sensitive questions and issues and provide input to decision briefs for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide an analytical modelling following significant TL operational delivery to inform Continuous Improvement.
- Provide analysis, predictions and assumptions to inform effective Risk Management across all areas of TL business, focusing on support to military operations.
- Be prepared to provide Out of Hours support during periods of significant surge, expected to be rare.
- Knowledge of Python, Pyspark, MySQL, Hadoop, SSIS, SSMS, Azure, AWS, GCP
- Hands-on experience in design and building data pipeline (ETL/ELT tools) to automate data ingestion of structured and unstructured data
- Experience in big data analytical platform designing, delivering, forecasting, creating complex reports, and developing business intelligence dashboard using Power BI, Tableau, and/or QlikView
- Experience in design and building Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Data Lakes, Data Enrichment, Data Integration and Data modelling
- Experience in data extraction, cleaning, transformation, data mining, statistical analysis, data profiling/quality/mapping, and data dictionary
- Proficiency in advanced excel, MS Access, SQL and with complex data sets
- Experience in Master Data Management, analysis, pre-processing, governance, Manipulation, Validation, Data Structures, and Predictive Modelling techniques
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to work unsupervised and with management at every level
- Performance reporting, statistical modelling
- Proactive, organised
- Team development and management skills
- Master Data Management
- Logical and creative thinking
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Change Management, organisation skills
- Excellent communication & collaborative skills
- The role is based in Ministry of Defence (MoD) Abbey Wood, Bristol. Some travel in the first few months will be required to visit key locations, such as the Leidos depots in Donnington and Bicester.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: