Senior Data Scientist ( 583249-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
- Build machine learning data pipelines and frameworks to analyze data from Verizon IOT devices and third party Cloud data vendors.
- Design and deploy deep learning algorithms and predictive models.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders in the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Work closely with the engineering team and data architects to build cost-effective set of analytic services that run on the data lake. Each analytic service is purpose-built for a wide range of analytics use cases such as interactive analysis, big data processing using Apache Spark and Hadoop, data warehousing, real-time analytics, operational analytics, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Develop and productize Pipelines ML models using Sagemaker on AWS.
- POC (Proof Of Concept) and data exploration to provide early visibility into the ML models.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience developing software applications.
- Four or more years of experience specifically working on data science and machine learning.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and statistical methods Algorithms for Time Series analysis, GMM, Clustering, Predictive, Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning.
- Experience with AWS, building and train sophisticated custom ML models.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, Jupyter Notebook, Sage-maker, JAVA, R and other programming languages and machine learning libraries.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as QuickSight.
Even better if you have:
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- MS or higher in Data Science, Maths and Statistics.
- Experience with querying data from both SQL/ NoSQL data stores and real time streaming platforms.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).