Lead Data Scientist ( 588399-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Lead Data Scientist, you'll use deep technical expertise in data science, forecasting and optimization methods, experience with implementation of AI in device/network analytics, sports & commercial applications, and experience in leading and building state of the art technical team. You and your team will focus on architecting, developing, and delivering machine learning, time series and predictive models. Drive optimization solutions for wireless/wireline devices/network, bring in operational efficiency and drive business innovation.
You'll work closely with various organization both internal and external in proactively leading, designing, developing, and delivering AI/ML capabilities that adds value to business. These AI/ML capabilities will include predictive, prescriptive, and adaptive applications for all predictions and inferences at Verizon. Models will typically get implemented on premise, in cloud and/or on the edge and in both real-time and batch mode depending upon the business applications.
- Responsible for design, develop and implementation of big data analysis applications to support VZW device technology.
- Design, develop and implement solutions across multiple layers of the technology stack, including data processing, database, web services, network, and user security.
- Lead junior data scientist and offshore team for doing AIML on time.
- Build analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Work with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Lead in developing the next generation of AI that drives innovation, accurate business forecasting, lower operating expenses and increased efficiency, and business growth.
- Operate with high degree of autonomy, accountability, and a sense of urgency in delivering on business outcomes.
- Perform integration testing and assist QA on large projects.
- Suggest and implement third party libraries and software in the product when appropriate.
- Deliver applications that meet performance and scalability goals of the project.
- Perform machine learning, deep learning and computer vision for Sports related event detection.
- Perform data analytics and quantitative modeling for devices and wireless networks to improve and insure service, device performance, user quality of experience, and quality of service.
- Perform device analytics on device performance, RF performance, device quality, device antenna performance, device readiness etc.
- Statistical modeling of wireless network and device QoS/KPI/KQI, user behaviors.
- Visualize the analytical results using data visualization tools.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with NLP, machine learning, deep learning experience in professional role.
- Experience with Python, R, Scala.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, MySQL, Hue
Even better if you have:
- Master or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ engineering, Math, Statistics, etc.
- Experience in Wireless industry.
- Possess records of papers published in wireless analytics space in IEEE or other effective journals.
- Master machine learning algorithms including forecasting, clustering, classification, reinforcement learning, deep learning etc.
- Data extraction/transformation/loading, text mining, statistical analysis experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities, creativity and critical thinking.
- Good mobile telecommunications industry knowledge, including experience with handset manufacturers, network equipment vendors, and/or chipset vendors.
- Understand data visualization techniques and libraries and their applicability to business
- Must be proficient in the programming languages of Java, Java Scripts, and SQL.
- Ability to explain both the code and the underlying math used in algorithms/models.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).