DescriptionJob Description:Data Architect
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own. United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Due to a recent business win, we have a requirement for a Data Architect based in the UK working remotely and operate on a hybrid model working at a customer site in Corsham
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
We are looking for a Data Architect to join our Emerging Capabilities team, supporting key data centric programmes and opportunities aligned to our Data Science and Engineering technical core competencies.
As a Data Architect, you will work alongside our Programme Teams, Business Development Teams and Solution Architects you will also help to provide solutions for strategic customers’, supporting business outcomes for critical national industries. The successful candidate will need to be eligible to undergo security clearance.
You will focus on the use of modern technologies with a cloud focus across a wide range of industries, leaning towards government organisations and national security agencies.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Provide data architecture skills and produce solution designs as part of the bid process
- Work with delivery teams to design and implement modern, scalable data products using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Lead on all data solution aspects including setting data standards and providing your deep technical expertise to Leidos programme teams
- Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with customers on all aspects of data management including the assurance and integration of data services to meet the needs of multiple lines of business
- Recognise and exploit business opportunity by leveraging data architecture and design best practice
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
- Preferred Skills:
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and leadership skills who has:
- Previous experience as a Data Architect or a background in Data Management
- Data Modelling and Database Design
- Data Platform Modernisation
- Cloud Data Services eg. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Data Migration
- Metadata Management
- Stakeholder Management & Data Governance
- Pre-sales content contribution and pricing for new business pursuits
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: