Sr Data Engineer/Architect - Telecommute Nationwide
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join us as a Sr Data Engineer/Architect where your in-depth skills in understanding data and data structures, and designing sustainable and modernized data asset solutions and processes, will be instrumental in delivering on key analytical and reporting initiatives that impact our member’s health and wellbeing at both the market and national levels.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead data architecture, data modelling, and data movement initiatives to enhance the architecture of a large data warehouse which supports analytics for the Medicaid business, including domains such as claims, clinical, financial, and member information subject areas
- Understand business requirements and analyze large amounts of data to develop in-depth knowledge of relationships between relevant subject areas and end-to-end data flows/lineage
- Contribute to and adapt data strategy roadmaps that address technology modernization needs; practical operational challenges; and prioritized business requirements
- Consult, make decisions, and design data solutions to meet requirements across multiple teams in alignment with department and organizational best practices
- Recommend and present solutions/approaches to management and leaders, often for complex data and technology challenges which impact business stakeholders
- Develop and implement practical hands-on deliveries of ETL/ELT artifacts for data structures, data pipelines, and data integrations
- Define and enhance architecture standards and review process; enforce adherence to best practices
- Serve as a key resource and technical SME across the department for guiding the maintenance and future progression of the data warehouse and its architectural integrity
- Lead and mentor other data architects/engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of advanced data analysis & architecture
- Familiar with data warehouse concepts
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Snowflake, Azure
- Intermediate or advanced SQL skills (Oracle/SQL Server/ANSI SQL)
- Experience with data movement processes, ETL/ELT development lifecycle methodologies
- Healthcare industry/data experience strongly preferred (claims/clinical/calls outreach data)
- Experience with CI/CD and automation tools and concepts
- Familiar with Unix/Linux
- Familiar with Python
- Experience with other data transformation and data movement tools such as Azure Data Factory or Databricks
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.