Manager, Data Architect EF IT
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology, and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
The data architect is accountable for driving information and data architecture decisions for digital capabilities in alignment with enterprise information and data architecture principles. Partners with Enabling Functions IT Business Partner(s) and Business Unit stakeholders to develop and sustain the EF data strategy and target data architecture. Drives decisions on appropriate information and data integration architecture patterns. Partners with IT development teams to ensure adherence to data architecture principles, guidelines, and standards.
If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
- Develop and sustain target information architecture and roadmap(s).
- Sustain the data strategy for Enabling Functions in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders including Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Lake Build team(s), Reporting & Analytics Platform team(s), IT Business Partners, and Business Unit stakeholders.
- Drive data architecture decisions on data, analytic and reporting initiatives.
- Ensure that the target information and data architecture is understood and implemented by the relevant build team(s) and partner(s).
- Understand and evaluate current and emerging data, analytic and reporting technology trends. Coordinate proof of concepts in partnership with the appropriate build team(s).
- Develop sustainable, reusable design patterns and best practices that can be leveraged by the enterprise.
- Build conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Build source to target mappings as appropriate.
- Advocate data security and the appropriate use of information and data within the target information and data architecture.
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption
- Able to collaborate across multiple teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative and inquisitive nature to ask questions, offer bold ideas and challenge the status quo
- Agility to learn new tools and processes
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires experience designing, implementing, and/or supporting analytic platforms (data warehouse, data lake/data fabric, ETL/transformations, and/or Business Intelligence) related activities satisfying complex information needs. Thorough knowledge of the principles and concepts of data architecture and developed knowledge or experience with corporate functions (HR, Finance, Procurement, Legal) - typically gained through a university degree and/or 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of AWS/ Cloud Data Patterns is a plus
- Drives decisions on appropriate information and data integration architecture patterns.
- Accountable for driving information and data architecture decisions for digital capabilities in alignment with enterprise information and data architecture principles Responsible for a sub-function's work in a team leader capacity.
- Actively participates in troubleshooting of routine problems faced by delivery team. Makes decisions that impact own team and other groups/teams.
- Persuades and negotiates effectively with stakeholders in being able to coordinate actions for achieving the desired outcome.
- Articulates and presents complex information clearly and concisely across all levels. Demonstrates abilities and knowledge in being able to explain and present complex topics clearly.
- Identifies short-term and long-term development goals aligned with current capabilities. Supports and coaches the team in continued learning and improving capabilities.
- Looks to improve processes, structures, and knowledge within the team. Leads in analyzing current states, delivers strong recommendations, and able to execute to bring moderately complex solutions to completion.
- Applies understanding of internal/external challenges to contribute to the team's vision and maintains a focus on work in accomplishing operational goals.
- Evaluates complex issues through analytical thinking and previous experience to consider short and long-term implications and interdependencies and guides others when enough analysis has been completed in giving recommendations/solutions. Uses calculated risks to evaluate innovative solutions.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.