When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be ensuring that analytics and AI/ML models drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You’ll define the analytics strategy, modelling strategy and champion that strategy across the business, in order to create buy-in for data-driven decision making. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line, by helping us serve our customers.
- Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
- Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
- Defining and driving the analytics strategy and modelling approaches.
- Building predictive models using AI and ML algorithms
- Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
- Driving the adoption of analytics and modelling in decision making.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in applying statistical ideas and methods to data sets to answer business problems.
- Experience in building predictive models using Machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in visual science or dashboard design principles.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or economics.
- Experience in Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Experience in Project management.
- Understanding of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL, etc.).
- Understanding in visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik
- Understanding of data warehouse and data lake architecture (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Understanding on AI/ML propensity models using the tools R, Python, SAS, SPSS, DataRobot, H2O
- Good understanding of third party analytic tools.
- Experience in general purpose programming languages (Java, .Net, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Experience in shell scripting tools in Windows, Linux/Unix is a plus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.