Data Scientist Entry Level Opportunity
- Support the implementation of data science prototypes.
- Research and provide input on ML algorithms and tools.
- Develop one's skill set and stay up-to-date on developments in the field.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods..
- Create data visualization dashboards.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
In this hybrid full time position, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. This hybrid role will be based out of Bedminster, NJ.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to perform at your personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You'll need to have:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related majors with a completion date of June 2024.
- Coursework or demonstrated experience in Python, SQL, or R.
- Coursework or experience in deep learning (ex: CV models and other data models).
- Willingness to travel and work in Bedminster, NJ.
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Proficient in Deep Learning: CV models, other data models (TensorFlow, Ansile).
- Experience in Generative AI - NLP, LLMs, Open AI, GitHub Copilot, or ChatGPI integration.
- Experience in Data Science and Data Visualization.
- Ability to work with/in Supervised and Unsupervised with, Tableau, SQL, Python, and/or Software/Data Tools.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.