Virtual Server Administrator ( R-00087375 )
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program, Leidos is looking to hire a Virtual Server Administrator in Quantico Virginia to join our growing team.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will manage and operate a virtualized Microsoft (MS) environment.
Other duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform Daily Status checks of 6 Nutanix Clusters (Virtual Environments) and complete reports with any alerts or errors.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with both internal and external customers who use MITSC-E Virtual Machines and Remedy Ticketing systems.
- Develop the physical Virtual Infrastructure design, addressing performance criteria and standards for transition from VMWare to Nutanix Virtual Environment.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware, understand, and follow network IA policies and procedures.
- Installed software for Nutanix configuration for Virtual Machines running Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, Windows 10, RHEL 6/7, and integrated with Active Directory to configure end-user permissions.
- Perform routine checks from vendor software for update software packages. Perform Proof of Concept and Stability in a Staging environment before applying to production systems.
- Report On-Site to local Data Center and remote Disaster Recovery locations for hardware component replacement.
- Submit Support requests with vendors for issues that cannot be resolved through Knowledge Base information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve systems failures and application issues with information system developers, customers and independently.
- Installed, configured and administered a wide variety of: windows and linux/unix operating systems, servers, workstations, desktops, storage, network components for Local Area Networks (LANs), Storage Attached Network (SAN) switches.
- Utilize Remedy Tickets to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, documented actions taken, routed tickets to other sections as required.
- Built, monitored, maintained, upgraded and secured server and storage hardware systems on NIPRNET and SIPRNET networks
- Acted as POC for maintenance and administration of systems for both onsite and remote locations.
- Routinely provide after-hours and weekend support for customers with Maintenance windows outside of regular working hours.
- Recommend and implement changes to information systems via approval from management and Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Utilized VMware vSphere vCenter and Nutanix Acropolis to manage multiple ESXi and AHV hosts; datastore clusters, and virtual machines (VM)
- Configured virtual networks utilizing distributed switches, configured datastores, created VM templates, generated snapshots, applied patches and updates to vCenter Server and its components as well as Nutanix Acropolis.
- Utilized vSphere Data Protection (vDP) to provide VM and Volume level backups to ensure systems were recoverable in the event of failures.
- Conduct system diagnostics, repaired and or replaced electronic equipment hardware such as storage, switches, CPUs, system boards, Network Interface Cards (NICs), storage arrays and other hardware components.
- Manage Nutanix Acropolis, Nutanix AHV, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, VMware vSphere vCenter 5.x and 6.x, ESXi 5.x and 6.x, Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Performed system security checks, applied security measures as appropriate, patched systems using Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) according to Operational Directives (OpDirs) to ensure compliance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) security standards
- Applied DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) on information systems/software to meet stringent security compliance requirements. Remediated vulnerabilities discovered from Retina security scans.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; or High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 5 Years of Experience.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), clustering, Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Must possess VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification.
- Must possess VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification within 6 months.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.