Oracle Database Administrator
Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities? There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) NOC. The Oracle Database Administrator will administer patches, sustain, and manage the databases. These systems are highly sensitive and configurations have impacts on national security.
PLEASE NOTE this is a rotating shift position and the incumbent must be able to work any shift assigned (with advance notice).
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, which provides secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and intelligence communities. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of legacy systems, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
- Maintain responsibility network policies
- Monitor new complex systems
- Sustain and maintain a production database environment, a replica test database environment, and an unclassified but similar database environment
- Coordinate and assist with deployment and support activities
- Develop data migration plans and scripts
- Update, patch, and improve the application and database as required
- Configure and install systems hardware or software and maintain server and domain security requirements.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software
- Maintain systems configuration and manage the installation and integration of system fixes, upgrades and enhancements.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must possess an active DOD TS/SCI security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a CI Poly.
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution, and general administration.
- Must have experience using Oracle SQL/PLSQL, and SQL in general.
- Experience developing database structures that fit into overall architecture of the system under development.
- Skilled, thoughtful, and detail-oriented professional.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, available shifts include: 0600-1400 (6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.), 1400-2200 (2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.), 2200-0600 (10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP.)
- Have skills in the following areas:
- Experience managing Oracle Databases in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience working with and managing Oracle Identity and Access Manager suite.
- Managing all aspects of an Oracle database including installation, configuration, and data migration.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, security, backups, and data recovery.
- Installing, patching, maintaining, and monitoring Oracle databases
- Create and maintain SQL and PL/SQL queries and shell scripts
- Providing maintenance support for database systems.
- Data Extraction, transformation, and loading
- Perform routine security and authentication measures
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: Solarwinds, Atlassian, ACAS, Ansiblie Tower, Spacewalk, WSUS, Microsoft, Lumension, Adbe, CITRIX, HP, CISCO, VMWare, NETAPP, APACHE, Splunk, RHEL, IBM Tivoli
#tn15Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.