Looking for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. With Leidos, you will enjoy competitive benefits such as four or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and more!
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to join an incredible technical team working on cutting-edge technologies? Leidos has recently landed a massive, multi-year contract that involves developing, integrating, deploying, and sustaining large collection systems. This prime contract is critical to the government and allows team members to work independently and explore new and emerging technologies. If you're passionate about solving tough problems with true mission relevance, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
Join our team at Leidos as a skilled Database Administrator (DBA)! We are seeking a talented professional to support our Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB database management system (DBMS) products for various applications developed by the software development team. Your expertise will be integral in developing and implementing policies and procedures that ensure the integrity, security, and high availability of the DBMS. As a DBA, you will play a crucial role in implementing database installation procedures, disaster recovery steps, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, patching/IAVA mitigations, and data monitoring.
You will work closely with our Database Engineer (DBE) to implement PL/SQL and SQL performance tuning, architecture changes, and development prototypes. In addition, you will work collaboratively with the DBE and software team to evaluate and recommend new DBMS tools, strategies, and technologies that will enable the team to meet business requirements.
This is an opportunity to showcase your skills and grow with a dynamic team that values innovation, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence. If you are passionate about database administration and want to be part of an organization that values your contributions, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos National Security Sector uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
What Sets You Apart:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Ten (10) years of experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
You Might Also Have:
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or MariaDB database administration in production environments.
- High availability configuration using Oracle Dataguard, PostgreSQL, MySQL replication, and/or MariaDB Galera clusters.
- Database system patching to include Oracle quarterly patching and IAVA mitigations.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control administration.
- PL/SQL programming, SQL query analysis, search optimization.
- Familiarity with Linux tooling such as iotop, vmstat, nmap, OpenSSL, grep, ping, find, df, ssh, and dnf.
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle DataModeler, pgadmin, PHPMyAdmin, and MySQL Workbench is a plus.
- Familiarity with Amazon RDS is a plus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL, such as MongoDB and/or Amazon DocumentDB, is a plus.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.