DB2/SQL Server Database Administrator ( R-00052438 )
Leidos is looking for a Database Administrator with DB2 and SQL Server administration experience to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Database Administrator with DB2 and SQL Server experience is needed to provide development infrastructure support for teams adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will install, operate and maintain DB2 and/or SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools.
The selected candidate will install, operate and maintain DB2 and/or SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools. She/he will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. She/he will be responsible for implementing database administration practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The DB2/SQL Server Database Administrator will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have Database Administrator experience to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution and general administration.
- Must have at least 3 years of database administration experience between DB2 database experience DB2 on Windows or Linux, and SQLServer (2012 and later) on Windows.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile team.
- Experience with both DB2 and SQLServer (2012 and later) products preferred.
- Experience with DB2 on both Linux and Windows a plus.
- Windows SCCM administration experience a plus.
- IBM Enterprise Lifecycle Management administration experience a plus.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Database ManagementPay Range: