Lead Subcontracts Administrator ( R-00063708-OTHLOC-PL-2D2400 )
The Dynetics Group is seeking a Lead Subcontracts Administrator (Lead SCA) to provide support to the Gibbs and Cox Operation. In this position, the Lead SCA is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The position requires a thorough knowledge of federal subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements
In this position, the Lead SCA is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The position requires a thorough knowledge of federal subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements. The individual will:
- Create subcontract solicitations from customer requirements and/or solicitations after analyzing which requirements flow down from the prime;
- Analyze and estimate price proposals utilizing various cost and price analysis techniques; and
- Negotiate terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with subcontractors. In addition, the position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and team building techniques in a diverse and dynamic environment. The employee has latitude to make moderate adjustments commensurate with the area of responsibility. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as senior management of suppliers, team members and subcontractors. He/She will lead and /or assist in new business proposals. The ability to work a high volume of relatively complex work independently with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Has the ability to identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and make recommendations for appropriate mitigation steps.
- Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.) and internal team members from other functions supporting the same division(s) or program(s).
- May assist management by coaching more junior staff on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Demonstrates business acumen, and has a general understanding of the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Demonstrates the value of the function with interactions with internal customers and external suppliers, operating with a customer service-oriented perspective that continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values, such as:
- Demonstrating negotiation skills used to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk; and
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with suppliers that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
- Proficiency in word processing, electronic spreadsheet, analysis techniques, and workstation tools.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.