Database Management ( R-00067396-OTHLOC-2244 )
DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for a Database Management!
The candidate will provide support with developing a Database Management System (DBMS) solution for the electronic management of all Environmental, Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) compliance data and information for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Areas of Support include proper management of the Database Management System; training and database support to users; and making the Database Management System available for presentation to a wide range of potential FAA customers.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Specific tasks will include:
- Develop a Database Management System user-friendly interface with the ability to handle multiple types of data (e.g. documents, spreadsheets, pictures).
- Facilitate the collection, storage, analysis, reporting, and metric tracking of all EOSH compliance data and information.
- Ensure the EOSH Database Management System can interface, import, and incorporate information from other FAA database/systems.
- Facilitate in the testing of the Database Management System; data security; and administration of the Database Management System with the wide range of stakeholders.
- Assist with troubleshooting and debugging Database Management System software issues during the creation and maintenance of the new database.
- Provide updates and modifications to the Database Management System based on user/customer feedback.
- Develop a written Database Management System User Guide and update as changes occur.
- Provide training to FAA employees who will function as Database Administrators.
- Provide Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) support.
- Make the Database Management System available for presentation to a wide range of FAA senior management, EOSH workforce, and support contractors.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
Please Note: This is a 100% Full Time Remote Work at Home position.
** Prefers candidate to be in Denver/Longmont, CO**
** Candidate has to live in Denver/Longmont, CO OR within the Western Service Area locations (i.e. California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) **
- Server Database development, design and implementation; smart device applications; cloud drives and storage (e.g. Amazon Web Service, Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc.); and data analysis.
- Relational database experience within a multi-tiered environment.
- Microsoft SharePoint (Knowledge Sharing Network), Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access experience.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent; and have a minimum of 4+ years hands-on experience in a database developer role.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Very experienced and proficient with programming languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Phython.
- Must possess and demonstrate highly effective written and verbal communications with excellent presentation skills.
- Must be skilled at understanding inter-dependencies and relationships from complex technical data sets and be a creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate initiative, and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Permanent telework status is acceptable, and ensure easily accessible communications with Government Technical Interpreter (GTI) and EOSH team members is provided.
- Microsoft Certified.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.