Oracle Database Developer
(Must relocate to Kauai)
Amentum is seeking an Oracle Database Developer, for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Range Network Department. Candidate will maintain Oracle database objects and perform database capacity-planning, configuration, some performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery. Provides Microsoft SQL Server system and database administration operating in an N-tier client/server application environment. Will collaborate with other IT Departments on program and database upgrades. Participate in Information Assurance compliancy procedures and controls for application software and systems, and other related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Specific assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas
- Database System administration and configuration; workflow development and administration along with a major role in end-user support.
- Ensure reliability of complex applications, including IBM Maximo.
- Manage database structures by monitoring performance and adjusting the internal structures (tuning) as required.
- Manages and maintains the backup and recovery processes of ALL designated databases.
- Involvement in planning, designing, creating, installing, customization, upgrades, and maintenance of databases to meet government and contractor defined requirements.
- Assists with production incidents and resolutions, including root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Perform upgrades of databases to new release levels.
- Implement/maintain database reporting and continuous improvement.
- Perform DoD Database Security technical implementation and documentation on Oracle, SQL Server databases and IBM WebSphere.
- Documents databases, procedures, and deployed applications.
- Support other database products such as Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Provide training for new users or for new application products.
- Perform other duties as required including property custodian.
- Able to lift, push and pull 25-50 lbs.
- Work requires walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, cramped, sitting and repeated stooping or frequent climbing.
- Customer contact, extended workday, confined work area, office laboratory, field assignment, and inclement weather.
- Can anticipate occasional calls after hours to coordinate emergent mission change requirements or in response to PMRF Emergency Action direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or similar discipline is required. Five years of directly related IT experience may be substituted.
- 5 Years of directly related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator.
- 5+ years of database backup and recovery procedures/systems.
- Strong application development understanding (ability to recognize deficiencies in coding and correct them).
- Oracle DBA certification.
- Must be proficient in report writing, gathering and analyzing statistics, and using Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
- Has the expertise to accurately determine if technology or device will support/satisfy new requirements.
- Positively enhance the analysis process and security posture of the networks, integrate into existing architecture and tool sets, and can be properly accredited and authorized for use.
- Possesses strong computer skills.
- DoD 8570/8140: IAT II (i.e. Security +)
- Experience with Maximo and/or DoD systems is a plus.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.