Desktop Support Engineer
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer in Bethesda, MD
- Building and maintaining Windows 10 desktop images according to industry best practices.
- Configuring and supporting workstations and printers in a Windows networked environment.
- Support of handheld devices/Smartphones including Android and iPhone
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining necessary application integrations according to industry and vendor standards.
- Overseeing the analysis and testing of new and upgraded software, including the development and maintenance testing plan for software. Works closely with the development team to coordinate testing, piloting, deployment of software, training for customers and support team(s).
- Automating the deployment of images and applications. Ensuring desktop images are updated on a regular basis, including documentation and communicating changes.
- Troubleshooting application errors or applications not operating accurately, including isolating problems, collaborating about options, and implementing a resolution. Works with vendor as necessary to resolve escalated issues.
- Maintaining clear and detailed documentation on all Windows images and associated technologies.
- Assisting with research and development efforts for desktop virtualization
- Assisting with emerging technology research and evaluation
- Participating in the development and maintenance of Active Directory group membership, computer hardware standards, and peripheral standards.
- Implementing and maintaining workstation security to include workstation encryption, workstation firewalls, and workstation patch management.
Very importantly, this role requires the ability to apply critical thinking while troubleshooting a technical problem, expert knowledge with Windows 10, desktop and virtualization software, and desktop management tools.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide a high level of customer service and be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; engage in many projects simultaneously; follow-through and ensure issues get resolved; and have superior organizational skills.
Required Education and Experience:
A.A. in Computer Science or equivalent with 6 years of relevant experience or B.S. with 4 years of relevant experience.
Minimum experience of 5 year in a large corporate environment preferably in an Federal Government agency
- At least five 5 years of demonstrated work experience with windows desktop support and peripherals.
- Demonstrated experience with workstation hardware components.
- Demonstrated experience with windows infrastructure systems such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Knowledge of network security practices such as group policies and anti-virus programs
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies like Bitlocker, Securedoc etc.
- Customer support and communication skills
- Experience in supporting Mac OS systems
- Microsoft Windows server administration experience
- Previous NIH/HHS experience
A + or Network + or Security +
Highly desired Certifications:
hhsnihPay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.