IT Operations- Manufacturing Support Lead
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
The Manufacturing Support Lead (MSL) for the Differentiated Support services is responsible for managing the delivery and support of IT services in collaboration with other Service Delivery, Application teams and Global Enterprise Service partners to ensure IT delivers on its commitments in support of the Global Manufacturing Operations organization. The key goal of this role is to ensure IT services are seamlessly delivered to the Global Manufacturing Operations organization and any issues or concerns are quickly addressed to allow the GMO organization to deliver the lifesaving medicines our customers need.
This position is on the Information Technology Hosting Operations team that is part of the IT Core Services organization. The role is accountable to deliver IT services for a given manufacturing site. The duties will include liaising with External Service Providers (ESP’s) ensuring compliance and acting as a point of escalation for all Manufacturing IT Hosting issues that impact the site. This person will collaborate with the Service Providers and internal teams within BMS in support of Incident/Problem management and CAPA coordination. Included in the responsibilities will be to assure ESP’s compliance to committed service level agreements (SLAs) and manage any formal recovery plans that result from an SLA miss. The individual will provide guidance and oversight to mitigate risk and ensure data room standards are followed by the Service Providers and local site teams.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Manufacturing Data Center/Rooms.
- Has local responsibility for best practice management of Data Room(s).
- Ensures data room standards are maintained in accordance with documented BMS standards.
- Govern physical access of the data room, supervise/manage all work in the data room.
- Maintain data room documentation and rack elevations.
- Work with facilities at the site to carefully plan maintenance/work to any facilities servicing the data room to ensure no unplanned downtime.
- Work with global engineering to ensure data room facilities are aligned with global engineering documented standards.
- Racking, cabling, labeling, un-racking or decommissioning of any hardware in accordance with set standards.
- IT Operations Delivery lead for Hosting services at the site
- Serve as Single point of contact for major incidents at the site.
- Leads the resolution of manufacturing impacting infrastructure incidents in a timely manner.
- Point of escalation for the local GPS IT team regarding Enterprise Infrastructure incidents.
- Perform root cause analysis and long-term fixes for all critical issues
- Manage the Data Room utilization of space, racks and structured cabling.
- Work with the Facilities team on capacity or issues related to UPS, power systems, cooling and preventive maintenance.
- Works with the global infrastructure teams to interpret planned changes and then works with site-based teams to appropriately plan and secure windows for planned changes as required.
- Represent site at regional change advisor board meetings (CAB).
- Has in-depth knowledge of site-specific IT infrastructure.
- Has knowledge of key manufacturing applications.
- Manufacturing and GxP domain awareness.
- Supports site Manufacturing IT projects from an infrastructure/hosting perspective.
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years hands on experience with Data Center Operations.
- A minimum of 10 years IT support experience a portion of which should be related to manufacturing.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively in a highly dynamic and complex environments.
- Experience and willingness to provide 24x7x365 operational support coverage.
- Show adaptability and flexibility in work to suit business requirements. Be flexible with respect to work requirements based on business requirements.
- Experience working in an Operational environment alongside other technical and operational teams, ensuring that all parties collaborate effectively to deliver services.
- Experience with infrastructure qualification and validation of computerized systems.
- Experience with response to regulatory authorities such as FDA, including internal/external audit on items such as GxP and SOX.
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and experience working on ITIL ticketing systems, ServiceNow preferable.
- Ability to analyze data, gather critical information, judge quality, and deliver timely information to support business and management decision-making.
- An understanding of data room/center facilities infrastructure support is essential as well as an understanding of diverse hosting technologies including virtualization, high availability and Disaster Recovery technologies.
- The candidate will have demonstrated proficiency communicating and collaborating at a variety of levels. Strong relationship management skills are essential.
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility in all assignments.
- General understanding of cyber controls, strategies and techniques related to the IT space.
- The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or relevant work history.
- ITIL education and certification are a plus.
- Formal Data Center management training is a positive.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.