Executive Desktop Support (100147)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- We are seeking a reliable, forward-thinking professional to join our Technology and Innovation group here in Camden, NJ with primary focus on Executive Support. The candidate will be a member of our high performing support team here at the corporate office.
- With minimal guidance, responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting and providing “White Glove” support with software/hardware, laptops, printers and mobile devices for all Executives.
- Involved in the rollout and installation of new software packages, upgrades, new hardware and perform end-user training for the Executive team.
- Provides level II and III support, to IT users for software/ hardware end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems; escalates malfunctions to level III support when necessary
- Documents problems/ resolutions and maintains asset inventory
- Assist with new hire on- boarding, Work with hiring managers, obtain assets, Desk setup, track ID provisioning, provide technical on-boarding on first day
- Participates in the testing/ evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and providing support to all software/hardware for IT users' desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- Responsible for assisting senior ITS personnel with ensuring that all hardware platforms, operating systems, utilities, and related tools and devices are available for successful management of production schedules and service levels.
- Assists with analyzing and evaluating system malfunctions and takes appropriate action to correct systems as directed. Escalates malfunctions to senior or lead tech when necessary, documents problems and resolutions.
- Maintain accurate asset inventory.
- Work closely with Senior Specialist on management of State or Service Company Budgets and begin taking over budget management for districts and smaller states.
- Ensure ordering is completed as scheduled and lifecycles are accurately managed with the 5-year forecast.
- Maintains Executive Technology Play book (ETPB) for each Executive, documenting each of their preferences for their laptop and mobile devices.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with executives and their data
- Prompt escalation of executive related issues to IT senior leaders
- A/V Support for Executive meetings, including presentation setup and video conferencing
- Conference rooms maintenance, uptime, and support
- Applies and enforces all Change Management policies and procedures
- 24 x 7 after hours technical support as well as periodic off-site support, including meetings, conferences and possibly home visits
- Provides data to assist with root cause analysis process when solving problems and implements solutions that will prevent the problem from reoccurring
- Coordinate and manage virtual and on-site Board meetings
- Escalates deficiencies in technical processes and inform Management
- Documents and maintains local software installs and all site surveys
- Forecasts lifecycle replacement for all hardware and present to Management
- Performs & audits all asset inventory for lifecycle replacement
- Keeps all associated inventory data current
- Identifies all missing assets via cross referencing
- Completes asset retirements as defined
- Ensures IT standards are being adhered to within their respective regional support areas
- Strong knowledge and experience conference room technology, e.g., Poly, Solstice etc..
- Strong knowledge of various mobile devices (i.e. iPhones. iPads, aircards, rugged field devices)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 products, e.g., Onedrive, Teams, presentation, data base, project planning
- Apple Macbook and iOS knowledge
- Thorough understanding of wide and local area networks, and associated hardware
- Knowledge of VoIP and telephony SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to absorb and present large amounts of detail through various forms of communications to any level of business users, IT management, or technical role
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational, time management, critical thinking and risk assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills (e.g., listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations, development, motivation, team building).
- Strong sense of urgency with an attitude of never giving up until the issue is closed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills and ability to handle sensitive and challenging support situations with a methodical approach, while staying calm under pressure.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex discussions in a mixed technical and business team environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Minimum of 5 yrs of hands-on, IT experience supporting Executives and their technology
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred or 3 + years in similar role.
- A+ Certification Preferred. Microsoft Certifications, Network + Certifications a Plus
- Experience providing maintenance and support for moderately complex client products
- Experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision on projects to ensure the high quality of the delivered software/hardware
- Experience working effectively on multiple projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise of software/ hardware support processes
- Experience training clients / executives on technology / software
- Experience with the utility industry is desirable, but not required
- Work Safely adhering to all safety requirements.
- Acquire CPR/AED and Defensive Driving within one year per company requirements.
Up to 50% travel as requiredOther
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.