Senior Manager, Digital/Social Design (R1559407-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager, Digital/Social Design, is responsible for supporting the visual look and feel of internal and external digital communications as part of the Corporate Creative team within Corporate Affairs. The role will be a part of a design team that is responsible for developing graphics and visuals to support effective communications. They will collaborate with editors and writers in developing graphics to support digital and social media content as well as content for owned internal and external communications platforms. They will also contribute to the design, development, and implementation communications platform that frames and delivers content internally across the business enterprise and externally to our key audiences.
- Enforces and manages visual branding of the internal communications channels.
- Enforces companywide standards to maintain the design integrity of all corporate web properties and communications.
- Executes daily editorial artwork, photography and graphic enhancements needs.
- Works with other designers, illustrators, photographers, and programmers.
- Works with both internal and external agency clients/partners.
- Participates in creative strategy and execution.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of visual branding of the internal communications channels
- Works efficiently and effectively to keep projects on track and meet deadlines necessary to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Contributes to the development of Corporate Content and Channels plans, Public Affairs campaign plans and special projects planning
- Manages enterprise digital and social design standards, counsel Corporate Affairs, business and agency partners on graphics standards and related issues.
- Works with IT to innovate technologically and aesthetically across the BMS communications technology infrastructure, adapting best practices and exploring next-generation technologies.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferred in Graphic Design/Advertising
- Minimum 5 years corporate or agency experience in digital design
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel communications concepts
- Good knowledge of designing content for various social media platforms
- Understanding of best practices in web design and UX
- Familiar with Accessibility issues related to digital channels
- Experience in directing photography, illustration, and video
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Command of design vocabulary: color, typography, photography, grid, web compression
- Knowledge of CMS; Adobe Experience Manager; SharePoint; HTML; Analytics
- Great leadership skills
- Excellent writing and research skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Organized and effective presenter, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Ability to collaborate across complex, matrixed organization
- Deadline focused; ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.