Contracts Representative/Contracts Manager
The Health Group of Leidos is seeking multiple Contracts positions (entry level Associate Contracts Representative to Sr. Contracts Manager). The candidate will be responsible for supporting contract activities in support of the Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operation. Our candidate will have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for complex FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, and T&M government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
- Responsible for the overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws for both CONUS and OCONUS performance locations.
- Work closely with the functional Team with the objective of becoming a trusted adviser by achieving day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Proactively engage with customer (Government) contracting counterparts to build enduring relationships.
- Work to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Frequently interact both orally and face to face with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, management and external and internal customers (including company executives).
- Lead the review and analysis of RFPs, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’ interests during negotiations and contract administration.
- Identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Engage with capture and proposal team as an integrated team member supporting proposal development. Ensure proposal submission is timely and compliant.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Expert knowledge with government contracts with emphasis on acquisition strategies and proposal evaluation.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience supervising OR leading teams.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with non-disclosure agreements and Contractor Teaming Arrangements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships externally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Experience with multiple contracts types, and cost-type contracts is strongly preferred.
- Experience with complex defense acquisition programs is a plus.
Our Health Business is helping to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient for defense and civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we integrate engineering, science, and clinical insights with technology to develop impactful, outcome-based solutions. Recognized as a Top 3 Health IT provider, Leidos draws on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. We deliver a broad range of customizable, scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.